Contemporary Strategies For Creating Value In Organisations
3/21/2013 9:00 PM Thursday
Are You a Value Creator or Destroyer?
What is the fundamental philosophy informing your management decisions? Are you creating value or destroying it?
Take this test and see for yourself what the results say …
1. The purpose of an organisation is to maximise profits.
2. Managements must not give quarterly guidance to investors.
3. During difficult times, companies should cut their advertising budgets to save costs and protect their margins.
4. Organisations should only share good and positive news and refrain from sharing bad and unpleasant news with their employees since it will demotivate them.
5. Employees should not be permitted to bring their own laptops to work; they should work on the company’s laptop only.
6. During difficult times faced by a company, it should not cut the training budget of its employees to save costs.
7. An organisation should voluntarily penalise itself if it does not deliver on the brand promise it has made to the customers.
8. The most talented employees should be put onto solving the biggest problems faced by the company.
9. To endure in the long run, companies must be obsessed with competition and endeavour to stay ahead of them at all times.
10. BYOD = B_ _ _ _ _ Y _ _ _ O _ _ D _ _ _ _ _
Read on for an analysis of your answers...
Find More Articles on: DSIJ Magazine, Guest Column, DSIJ Others, Expert View